I’m happy to announce the release of Skedi Family Calendar 2.1 for iOS. In addition, to all the awesome features added in 2.0, such as repeating events, this release brings two great new features that you can take advantage of, even when you’re not using the app.
First, if you like to use iOS Spotlight Search to quickly find contacts, emails, or a nearby restaurants, you’ll now be able to use it to look for your Skedi events. Here’s how.
- Swipe down from the middle of the Home screen.
- Tap the Search field, then enter the event you’re looking for. As you type, Search updates results in real-time.
- Tap a search result to open it in Skedi
Second, I don’t always like to open apps or Safari to get quick information. So, I’ve become a frequent user of the iOS Today View where, at-a-glance, I can get the latest weather forecast, news, and stock prices. And now with this release, you can also view your Skedi daily agenda in the Today View. The Today View contains Widgets, such as Weather, that you can add, remove, or reorder. The Skedi Widget lists the day’s events and the attendees. Here’s how to add the Skedi Widget.
- Swipe right over the Home screen, Lock screen, or Notification Center.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Edit.
- To add the Skedi Widget, tap the + icon. To reorder your Widgets, touch and hold the 3-bar icons next to the apps and drag them in the order you want.
What’s more, these two features, Spotlight Search and the Skedi Widget, are available in both the basic and premium versions of Skedi. If you don’t already have Skedi, you can download the latest version here.
I hope these new features help you with keeping your family on track. We’re always seeking customer feedback, if you have any ideas or feature requests, please let me know by commenting on this blog post. Thank you!